at 11:49 PM
at 10:09 PM
at 11:53 PM
at 10:35 AM
The challenge over at Hero Arts this week is to make a card that's manley! School just started so it's been real hard to find any time. I just had to get some time in so I stayed up till 2am to make this. So much fun creating this suit....I have fond memories of my dad coming home from work in his suit. Love the smell. So I made this for him. Thanks for visiting and I always am so grateful for your comments ...however not necessary! Many Hugs,Kathy
at 4:55 PM
Just a quick post. A few days ago we received this fantastic four star design book in the mail. I was so excited to get this great gift and wanted to make a special Thank You card. Here is the link for the book .
That's it for now. Enjoy the weather.Hugs,Kathy
at 9:18 AM
at 8:34 AM
I entered this card for the challenge over at CAARDvarks. The challenge is to create a card using only bright pink, black and white and yes that is a bit of a challenge for me. The biggest part was NOT to color anything on the card. Have a sunny day! Kathy
Here are the deets on the card.
Hero Arts vine # CL32 (Friendship set),PapertreyInk damask set and Raspberry Fiz pp,Martha Stewart Punch &Black Pearls.
I stamped the damask in Versamark and embossed in clear for the background. The image stamped on hot pink pp and cut out the flowers. Then I cut the same boarder in black and white and layered. The final touch was putting down 66 black pearls. I trimed the glue off each one....I don't like it when you can see that trail of glue bits around the pearls.
at 8:19 AM
at 11:19 PM
at 12:35 PM
I have been thinking about Kate's family and have been working on cards for each member of the family. This one is for the parents and I hope that it warms their heart! So much tragedy...
at 10:10 PM
Here is all the info that I am pasting here! Thanks for stopping by!
Cards for Kate card drive
It is time for a new Card Drive - a Cards for Kate Card Drive.
Here is some info about Kate:
And one thing we can do to help is to send cards to Kate and her family to encourage them, give them strength, and let them know how many people are thinking about and praying for them. And the most generous and kind people in the world are crafters so we thought we’d have a Cards for Kate Card Drive. Jennifer, Kristina Proffitt, and I have teamed up on this drive. We have all been following Kate's story and have been so touched by this family. Be sure to watch our blogs for more info, etc.
Think of how much it would encourage this family to receive cards from all over the world. You can simply send the cards to me. We will then box them up and pay to send them to Kate's parents. (We have already gotten the ok from them.)
- Cards can be for any member of Kate's family:
- Kate (age 5) - The sweet girl who is battling cancer.
- Little brother Will.
- Bigger sister Olivia.
- Mom and Dad, Aaron and Holly.
- Cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc. (This family is a family of God, so for all you Christians out there, feel free to share messages of Faith.) Anyone can send a card - even your children!
- Please write a message in the card and sign your name and where you are from. On the card envelope, please write the name of who the card is for (Kate, Will, Olivia, Aaron and/or Kate). Also, please don't seal the envelope, as Kate's parents might want to preview cards before the kids see them.
- With your cards, please include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and number of cards. We will keep these for picking out prizes. (See below.)
- The cards should be sent to:
Card Drive for Kate
PO Box 428612
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
- Please send the cards to arrive by October 1. This should give enough time for those overseas to play along. As we get enough to fill a box to send to Kate's family, we will send them. This way they don't get them all at once. And since they are having some struggles lately, the sooner we get some cards, the better.
- If you want to send more than just a card (such as a gift), please just send directly to the address given HERE.
- If you want to donate money to Kate's family, please click HERE. If you want to help cover the costs of shipping, feel free to include some money in with your cards. Any money leftover will be donated to the family. (But there is NO need to include money.)
And... how about some prizes as a thank you for participating? For all the cards we get, we will pick random winners of some great prizes. Click HERE for up-to-date prize info. Stuff will be added soon and often. Please keep in mind that winners will be pick based on piece of paper you include with your cards with your name and info. So, be sure to include it!
Thank you everyone,
Jennifer, Kristina and Jana
p.s. If you have a blog and want to post this on yours please feel free to copy any of this post that you want on to your blog. Spread the word! (and the prayers!)
at 12:23 AM
at 12:45 PM
Just wanted to post my two latest cards for the Hero Arts challenge this week. If you want details on stamps etc. you can click on the "Flickr" on the right hand side of my blog and you can get the details on each individual card. Also just click on the card itself if you want to see it larger. Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend!
at 12:05 AM
I'm sending this to our Aunt Carol and Uncle Mel In Arizona. Have a great week! Hugs,Kathy
at 12:12 AM
This was completely inspired by my daughter....I really needed more space to put my full inspiration to work. I also wanted to keep this card really clean with no bling...buttons...ribbon...I just wanted butterflies. I decided that I will give this to a very special lady who will be ahemmm....spreading her wings ...going off to college.
at 8:37 AM
Check out this gorgeous welcome home poster my daughter put her in friends front lawn! Her very special friend just returned home from a field hockey trip over the pond. My DD (darling daughter) is so excited to see her buddy...it's been all summer so I just had to share when she did for her and I'll be back with a card inspired by her!
at 8:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to Kelly with this stunning and very creative card!! A quick note... just so you know .... I was NOT the judge. Lucy loved receiving all here cards and if you go here
you will be able to see all the cards that were submitted to me. I was so amazed to see all the beautiful cards and I had almost as much fun as Lucy did seeing them all and you all trusting me with them! I also received many wonderful cards for ME ... little ole me and it really made my day..every time I received a card in the mail....IT was also cool to hold these works of art in my hands that I have admired on Flickr for so long..... So thanks to all of you...this really is a wonderful family! So thanks again to everyone and a big congrats to KELLY!!!
Have a great week! Hugs,Kathy
at 8:59 PM
at 10:34 PM