Hero Arts will be awarding prizes from randomly drawn comments. For a chance to win, simply comment on ANY of the stops along the hop on ANY day, including each day’s starting post at the Hero Club Blog. The more comments you leave, the better your chance of winning! (If you find a broken link, you'll find a master list of the hop links at the Hero Arts Club Blog. Also, please report broken links to: blog@heroarts.com.)
I fell in love with the stamp called, "Butterfly Flower" from Hero Arts so I decided to create three entirely different cards today for the hop and I have a mimi tutorial for the first card.

Card Number One was FUN to create using two layers of the same stamp. One of the layers is on vellum and really... that could be a CASE card all by itself. More details will be in the tutorial at the bottom of the post.
When I finished my card it needed a small touch but, not a sentiment. The butterfly called, "Chrissy Butterfly" was the perfect touch. I stamped on vellum with the Butterfly Flower using this die cut. Do you think the card is to busy? Sometimes I get carried away with the addition of my white dots.
For Card Number Two the butterfly flowers were watercolored with Inktense Colored Pencils, cut out & separated. (A huge thanks to Jennifer McGuire for introducing me to these colored pencils) Love the vibrant colors or they can be soft like in the card above. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp called, "Card Exchanging Friends"and the rest of the sentiment is stamped inside the card.
I just love the ring to this sentiment..... "I count myself lucky to know you" The background on this card was distressed, embossed w/ clear embossing powder & white pen action. A strip of this 40lb. vellum was a perfect way to soften the card with the sentiment stamped in this Hero Arts ink.
For Card Number Three I did some fast coloring with NO SHADING...NOT ONE TINY BIT!!
I used this Spellbinder die cut for the card base. I traced the outside of the die cut to get a small frame around the white card stock...trimmed it again and traced the die again for the yellow. Email me if you have questions. :)
Adding white dots with the gel pen and Enamel Accents made the flowers jump off the card. I also outlined the flowers with a fine tip Sharpie.
READY FOR THE MINI TUTORIAL FOR CARD #1.?
Stamp and emboss with white embossing powder on the Dessert Storm paper. Trim around the embossed image.Color with the Inktense pencils and blend with a Dove Blender pen. Here is a post with a video and more details using the blender pen.
You can also take the tip of the pen and pick up color directly from tip of the colored pencil.
I combined orange and red for the big blossoms. Later I added a tad of color from some purples and blues into the flowers.
Add some white trim, white dots & white Enamel Accents. That will make me happy :)
Stamp the flowers on vellum with Unicorn Ink. Then.... you guessed it... add some white dots with the white gel pen. Pop the water colored part of the card onto the vellum. These are the perfect pop dots because they give some nice height to your card. Stamp the flower on some scrap vellum and die cut this & this butterfly for the card.
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY FROM ME :)
This Hero Arts ink and flower stamp, plus a 6x6 Basic Grey pad of paper.
All you need to do is leave a comment...maybe tell me your favorite card.If you don't already... I invite you to join my following or subscribe here.(Please leave your email so I can contact you if you don't have a blog.)
Everyday all week you will be inspired with more from the Hero Arts "Hostess Summer Picnic"blog hop cards. If you start at Hero Arts Blog they will send you to the first stop of the hop each day. Today I am the last stop in the hop. THANK YOU for your visit today it's so appreciated!! Hugs, Kathy
P.S. The winners have been announced on the Simon Says Stamp Blog from the Card Kit blog hop last week. Congrats to Amber Milone that won from my blog! If you want to see the hop click here.
CARD SUPPLIES & LINKS:
















291 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 291 of 291 Newer› Newest»-
Unknown
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM
-
Kris in Alaska
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM
-
karenelr
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM
-
LittleSunday
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM
-
stampingbowd
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
-
Loly Borda
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM
-
Laura Norris
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM
-
Ferretti
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM
-
Pam
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM
-
Nichol
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM
-
Andrea Garland
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM
-
LINDA W.
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM
-
Marty
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM
-
rhoffer
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM
-
Lori Hefner
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM
-
D-
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
-
mtscrapgal
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM
-
Raven
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM
-
thebridgeamit
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM
-
Mary-Anne V
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM
-
Barbara
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM
-
yoedha
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM
-
Beth
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM
-
Pam
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM
-
Pam
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM
-
Iris
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
-
Torrie
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
-
Valerie
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM
-
Victoria H.
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
-
TLady
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
-
Madeline Rains
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM
-
loulou
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM
-
Sharon Roselli
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM
-
Phi
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM
-
Mary Ann
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM
-
Daria Z.
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM
-
jintyoo7
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
-
Denise Bryant
said...
-
-
July 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM
-
brenda
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM
-
Memories by Manda
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM
-
Iris
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 5:29 AM
-
Kathy
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
-
Thalia
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
-
Brenda
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
-
Michelle Liimatainen
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM
-
Anna Ekman
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
-
SD pooja
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM
-
Joan-Anne Weatherbee
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
-
Heatheranne Whitman
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM
-
Lisa's Creative Niche
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
-
Lisa's Creative Niche
said...
-
-
July 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
-
Tona
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM
-
Renuka
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
-
Robyn
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM
-
LaVon Hall
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 5:33 PM
-
Shannon
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
-
Deborah
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
-
Tam
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
-
Chitra Nair
said...
-
-
July 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM
-
jusaweecatnap
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM
-
patti
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 5:03 AM
-
Larissa Heskett
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM
-
Cathy Fongjoyo
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM
-
Valerie Babcock
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM
-
Beth Anne in PA
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM
-
Jaya Raghuvanshi
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
-
One of two sisters
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM
-
eSeN
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM
-
Kanan Pandya
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM
-
Leni
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM
-
Kirsten Corby
said...
-
-
July 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
-
Katie
said...
-
-
July 27, 2013 at 6:09 AM
-
Linda
said...
-
-
July 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM
-
Jen Adkins
said...
-
-
July 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM
-
Jeanette M.
said...
-
-
July 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
-
Gilu J
said...
-
-
July 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
-
Jennifer Scull
said...
-
-
July 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
-
slbt17
said...
-
-
July 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
-
Diane
said...
-
-
July 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM
-
Wendy
said...
-
-
July 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM
-
zub momi
said...
-
-
July 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM
-
Karenladd
said...
-
-
July 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
-
dianemdb
said...
-
-
July 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
-
Cindy Groh
said...
-
-
August 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM
-
ellyscard creatief
said...
-
-
November 15, 2013 at 3:19 AM
-
اجنحة فندقية
said...
-
-
December 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 291 of 291 Newer› Newest»Love the cards-esp. the last one. Thanks for sharing your technique & the giveaway :)
Oh my word! How utterly lovely! Thanks so much for the tutorial too! I know why I follow you by email... you're FABULOUS!
Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com
Oh Kathy--you always have the most fabulous cards--I love the first one because the tutorial made it easier, but the vibrancy of the last card probably makes it my favorite! Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!
So beautiful colors!!!! The stamp and die are so perfect!!! Beautiful job!!!
All three of your cards are stunning! I love the look you achieved by coloring on Kraft. Since I still only have a few Copics and struggle to get things shaded with what I have, I am super impressed with your third card. I just want to look and look at this one!
Thanks so much for the tutorial! I love all of your cards, but my favorite is number one. Love how the white dots make the images pop. TFS
so pretty! I love it!
I just loved everyone of the cards, there is no way I can pick just one, and I fell in love with the stamp so I guess I will have to buy the stamp... Thanks!!!
What gorgeous cards!! I especially love the first card! Love the coloring technique.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com
Love the card done on the kraft paper.
My favorite card is the first one. Thanks for such inspiring ideas and of course for the lovely prize.
OMGoodness I love your cards..thank you for sharing your tutorial on making them
Lovely, lovely cards. Thanks for all your tips!
These cards are beautiful! I love the coloring and the white dots. I really need to add the Inktense colored pencils to my collection of goodies--and, of course, I'll have to get this stamp set to practice my coloring...
Beautiful cards...card one is my favorite. I love the colors you chose!! Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial!
Wow these are three wonderfully creative cards. Love them all. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com
dmcardmaker (@AOL)
(email and Google follower)
Kathy your talent and artistry always impress me. You showed your versatility today by using the stamps so many different ways. I think my fave is the one with colored pencils and embossing on vellum. I'm glad we are using vellum again. Thanks
All your cards are so pretty.
I like the first card, Just Because...
your coloring with Copics is always so inspiring. I want to be like you when I grow up! LOL
Thanks for the chance to win!
Very pretty flower images...love the first with all the interesting techniques.
Wow... this is quite the flower show!! Love all those blooms, Your 1st card with the tutorial is fab with a cool effect!
nice post..
like it
Beautiful cards, all!
Oh my! Your cards are so gorgeous - as always. Thanks for the fabulous tutorial.
Oh my! Your cards are so gorgeous - as always. Thanks for the fabulous tutorial.
All your cards are beautiful. My favorite is number one.
I love card number three, the shape is one of my favorites and I like the coloring you did, great cards!!!
Hard to pick, but I would have to say the flowers and butterflies. Love those pencils!
Oh my goodness, pick one....they are all so gorgeous!!! I love the first one with all the gorgeous detail, the soft prettiness of the second and how beautiful is your last with the bright fun colors! Wonderfully done!
Hi Kathy!!!! :)
I LOOOOOOVE ALL of your cards! DON'T MAKE ME pick just one!!!!!!!:) I started following your blog last week---during Summer Camp!:) Your cards are SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!:)
I love all of them. What a wonderful stamp that is! I'd love to use it to stamp a tablecloth. My favorite is the "Count Myself Lucky" card.
Stunning Cards. I love the first card and no I don't think you went overboard with the white dots - I think it enhances it beautifully. The pencil blending is so beautiful. I really like the bright copic card too. I'm going to have to pull out my white gel pen more often - it gives such gorgeous results.
Really love the stamping on vellum! great coloring and blending of the pencils. love the layers
Wow all three cards are gorgeous. But my favourite is the first one with its splash of colour over the subtle vellum in the background. Just beautiful.
AWESOME CARDS!!!They are Beautiful,thanks for the tutorial,Love them all!!!Awesome coloring!!!
All 3 are gorgeous, but I think #1 is my favorite. Love the look of the kraft and vellum.
Gah!!!!!!! If I really, really have to pick one - it would be the first. Love the contrast of colour against the elegant white outlines :)
Gorgeous cards! The 1st one is my fave.... fabulous colors! Love the white gel pen accents you do!
I love all 3 cards they are gorgeous!
bmeilak at live dot com
Such lovely cards. Hard to choose a favourite but I would say the one with the kraft with the white embossing plus pencils. Thanks for the bonus giveaway
All cards are stunning, but my favorite is no. 1! Thanks for a chance!
Number 1 is my favorite. The Butterfly flower stamp is great and embossing it with white and using the inktense pencils makes a stunning card,
OMG!! What beautiful cards!
You rock the white dots and other creativity skills of course! Thanks for the 3 different styles and the chance.
You are just freaking AMAZING!!!! I am in love with each and every one of them!!! I love that 3rd card too! The first thing I said is "she didn't shade it and it's PERFECTION!"
Love, love, love!!!!
Lovely cards, and thank you for sharing the techniques!
WOW! Great cards but my favorite is Card #1! Thanks for the inspiration to stamp on vellum!
Wow ! The stamp is really awesome and equally awesome are your cards ,I loved the one with vellum most,thanks for the tutorial !
Hi Kathy, I choose #3 and you can never use too much white gel or enamel. Thank you for sharing your creativity.
Joe-Anne
Awesome cards! I like card 3. The no shading and white dots are so beautiful. TFS!
All three cards are fab, but number one stole my heart. It's glorious! I love the dimension and textures. I don't think you went to far, but just went the right distance. The prize looks yummy and I'd love to win it, so thanks for the chance. :-)
hilltophaven@gmail.com
This is gorgeous!!! LOVE when you do tutorials I always learn something cool!
Lisa
ah-mazing! Your cards never cease to amaze me! Beautiful work once again!
I loved all of your cards but that 1st card made my jaw dropp to the floor...it's gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial too.
wow.. beautiful cards.. love the two layers. TFS!
I love the first card so much. The kraft, the colouring, the lay-out, ever so beautiful.
Margriet
I just loooooove those vibrant colours! They just make me fall more in love with ur cards. And that floral stamp is gorgeous too! :D
These cards are beautiful! I love how you cut out the flower border and popped it up!
I love your blog. I find myself casing your style more and more. Thanks for the inspiration! I love all three cards but the first one is my favorite. Have a wonderful day! :)
Thanks for the inspiration with the white gel pen accents. I am definitely going to put it to better use after seeing your beautiful results!
You didn't mention when time was up to leave a message. Oh well, at any rate......I cannot pick a favorite card because they are all stunning. I forget to use Vellum and then I see a card like yours and I realize that I should use it more. I'm a big fan of it's never too much embellishing, so I personally love all your white dots and white accents. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards with us and for the inspiration it has provoked within me.
I love them all so elegant.
Pick one for my favorite. Your kidding right. LOL that's funny. I LOVE the ALL. But I guess my favorite is the one with the cut out and all the inktense colors. I love it.
Beautiful cards... Love the colors on kraft paper...
You ARE amazing. What a great technique. I love all three cards, but I think I like the one you did the tutorial for the best. Gorgeous.
WOW! I will have to give this card a shot. Thank you for the little tutorial.
Such FUN!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!!n ;)
ohhh my!!! your cards creation using hero arts is superb!!! love how u works with white gel pen!!!!
Oh my goodness! I love this stamp and have struggled with using it! Thank you for 3 beautiful and inspiring cards! Stunning!
Wow! Stunning cards...beautifully done. I'm off to watch your video to see if any of your white pen skills might rub off on me too! TFS
Beth Anne in PA
Oh My God!! this card is sooooo beautiful!!! i am head over heels in love with this:) thanks for the tutorial on the coloring..its such a great help:)
my fave is the last one1so colourful!
Card number 3 is my favourite with all the rich colours! Thanks for the chance to win your cool Hero Arts/BG package too!
These are so gorgeous cards, Kathy. I love how you used one stamp to create all these three different cards, very creative and beautiful colors on each one. :-)
Lovely cards! I defenitely have to use this stamp again/more! Thanks for the tutorials...very helpfull!
Well I am stumped. I have this stamp, and I never even imagined using it in any of these ways. It looks like a different stamp. kudos to you. I like the first card best.
Kirsten Corby
kmcorby@yahoo.com
Love how you are able to use your stamps in so many different ways. I think my favorite is the second card. You mention you overuse of white dots but on your third card the white dots make the images come alive. Great job. :) Thanks for sharing.
Katie B.
Absolutely beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.
Linda D.
I love all the cards but #1 is super with the coloring on kraft.
I LOVE your beautiful cards! The first one if my favorite- simply gorgeous!
Cute card. Thanks for sharing.
oh my gosh, that first card is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! thank you so much for the tut! who would have ever thought to use the blender pen with colored pencils? genius!
and you have no idea what a true BG junkie I am! would love to win this new pad! thanks for the chance. :)
WOW! love visiting - always find something fun!
Sandra ltb
All three of your cards are so beautiful. Love the color technique. Thanks for sharing.
Three beautiful and very different cards. Great job!
Gorgeous cards! Love the first one :)
WOW!! Thanks for showing us how versatile this stamp set is! Beautiful colors and design!!
#1 is by far my favorite. Great use of vellum.
I like card #2. I will always love brown and flourishes.
Wow waht a beautiful cards Kathy.
No 1 is my favorit.
Thanks for the tutorial.
Love your colouring.
Gr Elly
great
i love our blog a lot.
Post a Comment