ShareThis

1/23/13

simon says stamp blog hop and giveaway

Hello Friends, Welcome to Simon Says Stamp Valentine's Day Blog Hop. It was such a joy to work with these exclusive products. I am urber excited to share Simon's NEW 2013 VALENTINE'S DAY RELEASE (click here to see them all). The stamps & dies are so fun, fresh and adorable that I had to create four cards for the hop. If you are arriving from the talented Debby Hughes blog you are in the right place. To start at the beginning of the hop click here
If you leave a comment on this blog post ... one lucky winner will receive a Simon Goodie Bag (if you know Heidi it will be a good one!) 
The winner will be drawn on Thursday (1.31.13 at 9am EST) 

Shall we get started? At the end of the post I have my own giveaway! 

CARD NUMBER ONE- stamping a fun background
This sweet stamp set called "Simon in Love" was calling my name. I loved it so much that I stamped the background with the two pups in love with Hero Arts Soft Blossom Ink. The small sentiment from "Just a Love Note" was the perfect size to place on top of  Simon's large folded banner
After coloring the dogs with some Copic markers (E53, E74, RV10 & YR24) I added some shading with  Gathered Twigs distress ink. You can see the results in the photo below.
The large heart was created with this heart die cut. Once the heart was cut out I  used "Falling Hearts" die cut...LOVE it! I was very careful to keep some of the tiny hearts in the large heart...then I taped the tiny hearts on the back to secure them. Rock Candy was added to the bow and tiny hearts. Glossy Accents to the noses. 
CARD NUMBER TWO

This sweet stamp set called "Furry Kisses" is easy to color and a great set to make multiple cards. The  sweet paws and tiny dots were fun to stamp for a background. I used HA Soft Blossom Ink again. The background die cut is a great shape and it's so versatile too. It's from the "Apothecary Labels" (here's a wonderful stamp set that coordinates with it)
For this card I used Simon's smaller "Folded Banners" . The banners make a perfect seat  for critters and I love the dimension you get from them. This time after stamping I coated it with Glossy Accents.  Love how that turned out. 
CARD NUMBER THREE- Stuffed animals with fuzzy tummies
I had to stamp "Furry Kisses" again. The gift stores are filled with pink and red stuffed animals for Valentines Day...that's the look I was going for on this card. For the background I used the same supplies as the above card. 
The bellies were stamped again on some scrap paper and some ultra fine flower soft was glued on to them. Crushed Velvet Flocking would probably work better. Enamel Accents was added to the eyes and I used this ultra fine marker to add some eyelashes. 
CARD NUMBER FOUR- I created a butterfly out of a heart 
The hearts in the stamp set called "Lots of Hearts" are absolutely delicious! That's why I made this card incorporating as many of the hearts as I could. AND I layered up some of the hearts to make a butterfly!! So much fun! The sentiment and squiggle lines with hearts are from this set. (The same set as I used on my first card.)
Every Valentine has to have some Rock Candy on it. After stamping I used a brush to apply the  Rock Candy Stickles to the hearts and the sentiment area. 
I wanted to show you how easy it was to stamp all the hearts on the card. Just line them up on a Fiskars Stamp Press. The Hero Arts Ink are listed in the supply list at the bottom of the post. 
The woodgrain heart was stamped three times in different inks. I scored the center and glued them on top of each other. The butterflies antenna was cut free hand from scrap paper. A vellum heart was die cut from this set.

BLOG CANDY ALERT! Please join my following and leave a comment for a chance to win the blog candy below! I will randomly select a winner Jan.31st.Any questions please send me a email. 
Thanks for visiting!! The next stop in the Simon Says Stamp Valentine's Day Blog Hop is the sweet and talented  Lorraine Aquilina's blog.
 (If you encounter a broken link go here to see the links to the participants.)
CARD SUPPLIES:
-->

585 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 585   Newer›   Newest»
Annette Allen said...

wow these are so fun.. I love how you made a butterfly out of the heart..very clever..thanks for sharing..great post..

Sarah J Moerman said...

Such fun cards, Kathy! Love all the different backgrounds you created and your amazing coloring!

Margie said...

What fun cards!

luluvision said...

Love all these cards! Thanks so much for sharing! Full of inspiration!

xjace said...

these are so pretty and cute!

Aubrey said...

This collection looks awesome!

sanoor said...

love pink cats.... so adorable

Nisha said...

Fab cards! Love the colours used in all of them :)

heidi @ ggip said...

Such cute backgrounds!

Jennifer Scull said...

every one of your cards is so much fun with the little critters you have added. :)

[.ChÚaÑMíN.] said...

love the colours! pretty!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your Cards Kathy!! Especially the Fuzzy belly's on those Kitties!! xoxoxoxo

Gitte said...

lovely cards

Andrea Cassola said...

Really love the furry kitties :)

Beate said...

Warning! Cuteness overload!!! Kathy, your cards look amazing!
Hugs and smiles

theCook said...

The pink cats are sooo cute!

Linda S. said...

Loved the butterfly! So stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

What fun cards...could be used for anniversary too!

Julie H in MN

Claudine said...

Really love how you used the stamps to create some backgrounds, that is genius!! I also really liked that last card with the dragonfly heart, how pretty!!! Thanks for being an inspiration!!

SueZee Alg said...

These cards are so cute. My fav is the butterfly card. Thanks for sharing your technique.

Amanda said...

The butterfly heart is SO smart!! I just got a heart punch, and have been trying to think of different ways to use it....I see butterflies in my (and my friends!!) future! Thanks!!!

Barb said...

Such adorable cards, Kathy! LOVE the "fur" on the kitty's tummies! :)

Mateja M said...

These are so cute and fun. TFS :)

Jill B said...

Wow, what a beautiful variety. Loved the "furr" you put on the cats. Great idea!

aaga said...

Great colouring, as usual! :) TFS.

Unknown said...

lovely cards

Maryann Laursen said...

WOW Kathy again you´ve done such an awesome job here. You´ve made some really cool cards, but I admit, I just LOVE the doggucard a lot. It´s sooo fun and gorgeous and as usual your coloring is perfect.

Lang said...

Fun Cards. These are great! Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

I just love the sweet kittens and doggies on the valentines. they make me smile. thanks for the inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us :)

Betty BH said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing your talent.

JSamuel said...

Very cute cards and creatively done too. Thanks for the technique tips! TFS and for the chance to win!

Melitini said...

Beautiful cards, with great colors!
The butterfly technique you share is really inspiring! Tfs!

Shannon said...

Love the critter cards. thanks for sharing!

Jana said...

Four amazing cards? I think I just drooled on my keyboard! :-) Love them. Love you

Jeanne said...

Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

fourjacksonsmn at hotmaildotcom

maria valderez said...

What fun cards!

Jingle said...

There are so many cute and creative ideas here! Just look at those adorable fuzzy tummies! So cute!

Debra said...

The stamped backgrounds you created are fabulous!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! All the cards are amazing!!! I just love them!!!

Jinglesmom said...

Kitties and puppies, oh my! Such darling cards!

Melissa Boo said...

What fun cards!

Chitra Nair said...

Beautiful cards.. Love the stuffed kitty card..Thanks for sharing..

StephG. said...

Wow, Kathy, I love, love, love your cards. Plus you made the backgrounds too! Awesome.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! Such fun cards, Kathy! I love the kitties & Simon In Love card!! I love how you popped the heart in the 3rd card too, fantastic!!

*mwah*
Stephanie
Simon Says Stamp!

Erin- said...

Love everything about these fun cards, but I especially love the furry bellies!

Hannah Jones said...

Pretty cool!~ Thank you!~

Heidi Crowl said...

KATHY!! Your attention to detail is exquisite! These are works of art! Thanks so much for bringing our Simon products to life!!

Unknown said...

These are all such awesome cards! Love all the subtle details in each one!

Beastybunny said...

Fun cards! Love them! And I am a follower of your blog. I visit every day to see your wonderful creations!

Minnesota Nana said...

great cards for animal lovers!

Danee said...

The heart butterfly is so clever.

Tamika said...

Your cards are so fun and whimsical - they have great character!

Rachel said...

great cards! love the design on the first one, and the fuzzy bellies on those kitties too! :)

Gerrina said...

Fun cards! And so many of them! It shows that you have to look in how may ways you can use a stamp before buying! Hugs, Gerrina

JiAQi said...

Your cards look great. They're really cute and unique, especially the furry cats!!

FroggieStamps said...

How adorable! I just love all the little animals! :)
-Kelli

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really didn't know when to stop did you? Amazing cards! I joined your following, but my name there is Marlies Kuiper and not Bloesemfee, just so you know it's me. On Bloglovin' I already followed you, but I know you can't see that.

Sue said...

using the flocking on the bellies was such a cute idea.

Louise said...

Gorgeous cards, so cute and fun stamps and I love how you created the cards, fabulous style
Louise :)

Marty said...

I also love the dog set- what a cute card you did with it!

christine said...

Fun ideas!!! Love your creativity.

Connie said...

Dogs and kitty's what could be better.

Linda Anderson said...

You've been busy creating some gorgeous cards. Love all your techniques. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Linda

{VICKI} said...

Love the sweet little puppy dogs
and how clever is that butterfly

Sandra H said...

Awwwww Kathy these are stunning x

Sandra H said...

Awwwww Kathy these are stunning x

alcaraz valérie said...

Oh my !! All your cards are amazing !!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

These are so sweet!

Rita said...

Too stinkin' cute!!! I LOVE this new release!!!

Jeanette M. said...

Wonderful cards, Kathy! Love how you used the distress ink on your dogs! And I love those Rock Candy Stickles.

Unknown said...

Clever way to use those hearts!! Love the bright cheery look of your cards!!!

Tamika said...

Your cards are filled with fun details and creative juices! I like card #1 because if I could have thought to make that for my friend Tamika who owns that breed of dog. Card #2 is a fav because adding fur to the kitties was BRILLIANT!

Fiorella said...

All your cards are gorgeous, but as I am a cat lover, the ones with those cute cats are my favorites.

rubbergranny said...

You appear to be an animal lover. Your ideas are clever and fun. Thanks for sharing.

Jan said...

Pink and Kraft are the perfect partners. Looks like you had fun creating theses cards.

Avital said...

I love all the impeccably colored critters to pieces!

Anonymous said...

I am placing my order today!

snappy scrappy said...

They're all wonderful...but the fuzzy tummies are my fav!!! Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

Heather M said...

Fun cards!! I love the cuddly animals!!

Unknown said...

Your cards made me smile. Love the fur babies!

Jacilynn said...

that furry kitty is too too cute! love your cards

Varshitha said...

all the cards are jus awesome..... great way to use the falling hearts die.... and layered heart butterfly looks amazing..... love ur blog...

Anonymous said...

Very fun cards! Love them all! :)

Rachel K said...

Such cute and fun cards! Love all your special touches!! :)

Christina P. said...

I love your cute cards, the bright colors and the design of the cards are just great.

Gillian R said...

Really cute cards, love that butterfly heart

Tkat said...

awwwwwwwwwww! how absolutely adorable!!! love it! :)

joy said...

LOVE your adorable cards - the heart one is my favorite! Thanks for the chance to win!

Angel Estes said...

I love the things you do with color!! Using Copics and Distress inks together: WIN Shading the folds on the banner die: WIN THe layered butterflies made out of hearts: WIN

Thanks for sharing your incredible talent!!

Pat said...

These cards are adorable!!! Love the butterfly, too--great job! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE your work !!
Your cards are so gorgeous !!!!

Hugs from France
Lunéa♥
http://luneabidouille.canalblog.com/

Laura M. said...

beautiful! loving the furry critters :) thanks for sharing!

blazen said...

love the cats! they are the cutest! TFS.

Annette said...

fun cards! thanks for sharing :)

Paula (PEP) said...

You made me smile with those eyelashes & the furry tummies. Superb dimension with the layering of the heart butterfly - ingeniously effective.
Paula (PEP)

Jennyroo said...

Looks super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Maeghan M. said...

That lovely puppy love card is just the best! TFS!

Pam said...

Loveing the animal theme...so cute!

Craftymv said...

These are so "stinkin" cute! I love them all! Thank you for sharing!

RedGem said...

You are just so talented and I just love these cards! MAkes me wish I had an animal in my life! Tks for inspiration!

LaVon Hall said...

Your cards and all the attention to the little details are amazing!

Eleonor Rigby said...

Wow!
The butterfly is genius! Absolutely gorgeous!
xo
Eleonor

Lena L said...

Gotta be in it to win it ;)

Alyssa S said...

Oh my! All your cards are so stinkin' cute!

Ann K said...

FOUR - wow. Great inspiration!

Bridget said...

Oh my goodness, you had me at fuzzy tummies! How cute! Thanks for sharing your awesome cards :)

Jocelyn said...

Absolutely fantastic cards - especially Simon and Simone. They are so cute! Love the heart background you made them!

Diana N. said...

Your second card really struck a chord with me as I have a very affectionate kitten that frequently gives furry kisses!

Mary M said...

Love the kitty card. Thanks for the chance to play and hopefully win.

Tania said...

SO SO cute! You've just made me add some more stuff to my wish list over at Simon Says!

Gaby Cruz said...

wow these are so fun.. I love how you made a butterfly out of the heart..very clever..thanks for sharing..great post..

Teresa W. said...

Amazing fun cards! Love the different backgrounds you created for the cards. Your coloring is amazing.

Maja said...

so cute!

Dana D. said...

When I saw your name on the blog hop list I couldn't wait to see what you created. And as always...amazing! The colors, the details are always over the top.

nancy y said...

great idea making the heart butterfly!

KimC said...

Kathy, love your puppy and kitty cards, so cute. Can't wait to make heart butterflies. Thanks for sharing your talent and thanks to SSS for a chance to win some fun goodies.

elizabeth said...

love the heart butterfly idea :)

NanW said...

Thanks for the chance to win, and for sharing your cards.

Elizabeth said...

love the glittery background

Diane Standish(crazeedi) said...

your cards are amazing!!! I just began following you too! thanks for sharing the great ideas!

Anna R. said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for the chance to win :)

Marcie Lovett said...

Love the butterfly hearts!

Di said...

It's so neat that your cards contain little surprises...furry bellies and 3-D butterflies! Wow! Thanks for some cool ideas!

slbt17 said...

WOW Kathy - you are on a roll! Great cards! love the furry bellies on the cats!
Sandra ltb

Trina said...

OMGoodness, Kathy, these are so stinkin cute! That doggie couple is my fav so far on the hop!

stamplover2011 said...

Oh how cute! Love all of them!

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable! Love the dimension on your butterfly card!

cutiephinphin said...

All the cards are just so cute and fun. I absolutely adore the critters in these Simon Says exclusive stamps. They are on my wish list.

Love the details you added to each card including the super cute furry bellies. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Tuck said...

Love them all. Your backgrounds are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so cute. My favourite are the ones with the cats. Adorable!

pippirose59 at gmail dot com

FamOrnelas said...

Love your cards...as usual! Great ideas, Thanks!

Mildred Mildew said...

Great cards as usual Kathy. I love the Simon in Love stamp...I have a friend who has two Boston Terriers and this stamp would be perfect for a card for her.

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are so cute and clever...love them all!
I have subscribed to your blog...Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us, and for a chance to win!

Eva said...

I LOVE all your cards, you are my favourite designer! I love how you made those kitties look nice and furry in one of the cards- what a great idea!

Jo Murray said...

The cats are featuring in many of the blogs, but your heart butterfly is unique.

gRiSeL™ said...

Awww!!! Your cards are super sweet!!! LOVE all that pink!! (;

Dixie Cochran said...

Super cards! Your heart butterfly is so clever!

Marianne said...

So much inspiration. It's too much to take in all at one. Also noticed you have some interesting tutorial, so I'll be back.

Tricia said...

Love your cards, Kathy - those kitties are so cute!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness there is fur on the cats :). Absolutely gorgeous cards. I'm now a follower too.

Unknown said...

That flocking is AWESOME - makes me wanna rub the kitties' bellies!

Unknown said...

Awesome critter cards. Really cute and great colors. Thanks for sharing.

Saila said...

How cute, thanks for sharing

Carolina Lam said...

Love the cards! Love the animals!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are some seriously fantastic cards! Love how you created all the backgrounds for the animal cards....your coloring is amazing, and I love the heart butterfly too!

MaryBeth said...

Very cute cards! Loved all the different backgrounds! Loved all the kitties!

Evelin said...

so cute! Love your coloring skills! :D

Shar22 said...

Really cute card designs!

B said...

LOVE the cards! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the inspiration!!

Anita Braddock said...

How super Super sweet and Adorable are your cards such love put into your cards. love the details and the blending of your colors. thanks for sharing and for the chance to win

cebelica said...

Your cards are wonderful. I especiallylike the one with pink kitties. What a great idea to use flower soft on the bellies. I love it! Hugs! xx

Kristen said...

Your cards are so fun!

Phyllis Beaver said...

As usual, love all of your cards— especially the first one with the two dogs and the background you made!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow adorable cards...love how you made the 3d butterfly.

Morag said...

Fantastic cards... your shading on the first one with the pups is magic!!

Roberta said...

Your cards are all so awesome! I especially love how you did the heart butterfly and the "fuzzy" kitty tummies! thanks you for the inspiration!

LauraJane:) said...

FANTASTIC BGs on both! critter cardds.Thanks for showing how you made the butterfly:)

Anonymous said...

cute cards!Petowners favorite!

Chark said...

sweet cards and amazing stamping!

Sandi said...

Beautiful cards!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow so many great cards! I just adore the one with the fuzzy tummys!!! So darn cute and I just want to feel it now! Thanks so much!

Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

Love the animal themed cards - so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Marsha L. said...

Very cute cards.

Susan Block said...

Adorable cards! This is so much fun to look at all these great works of art!

Yaneri said...

Oh wow!! Amazingly awesome your cards are!! I love the detail in your stamp work!!! Great job at this!!!

Mary J said...

Just so cute, love your style!

Monica Maier said...

Soo sweet!!! thanks for sharing!

Marie said...

Great cards =) TFS!

Valerie said...

Love that you used one of the stamps as a background! Clever! :)

iruha said...

Cats are adorable!

Unknown said...

puppies....and cats..... and a giveaway! love the paper-layered popup dragonfly!
thanks
Holly

Nancy L. said...

Too cute!

Jayell said...

Love all these cards especially the animal ones! Love Simon and Mannie

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING your CREATIVE and FUN cards!! TANKS SO MUCH for sharing and for the chance to win!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Scrapbookdoll said...

hi, like the cards!
Marie-Anne

Joanna said...

Stamps are getting better & better, so are the new card creations, thanks!!

Mandee said...

Simon in Love is one of my most favorite of the new stamps. I love your use of color. Your cards are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Nance said...

Sooo cute! I love your heart butterfly...

Elin Larsson said...

Your're amazing with your ideas! My heart fell for that heartbutterfly! Lovely :)
Hugs

Cheryl Lynn 2011 said...

so many great ideas especially the stamped backgrounds!

m.tabori said...

Love this kitty stamp! Your card with the pink kitties was sweet, thanks for sharing.

Words and Pictures said...

Really cute furry friends cards, and that heart butterfly is an absolutely fabulous touch!
Alison x

ayelet said...

Great cards!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! Your coloring is so nice! Pat Kinkaid

Jee said...

The "Furry Kisses" are so adorable! Love them!

Brooke said...

Thanks for the chance to win!!

Terri said...

I'm an animal lover, so real enjoyed the first two cards. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win the drawing.

Emma said...

The cards are sooo cute!! :)

diana said...

Awesome inky cards! Thanks for all these ideas and techniques. ;-)

Lynn said...

Great for dog and cat lovers ( I am both )...your cards are so cute , and the heart is so lovely. TFS

Loki Made It said...

how great are the kitties!!! i just love them. and i like how you used your fiskars stamp press. i totally need to use mine a whole bunch more!!!!

Melissa M said...

Even though I'm not a cat lover, I do love the fuzzy tummies!! And the heart butterfly and falling hearts heart is awesome.

Stephanie said...

Ack!!
These cards are amazing!!!
I love love love the first one.
Did I say how much I love the first one?!? ;-)

scrappin2babygirls said...

all of your cards a great but i really LOVE the pink furry cats card thanks for sharing and the chance to win!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Moongirl said...

I really love the kitties! Love the flocked bellies!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy :-) all of them are FAB !! I LOVE them all !! :-)
I love the kitties with furry tummies and eyelashes ,, sooo CUTE ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Rsanchi said...

I love what you did for the kitty bellies! Clever! Thanks for sharing!

MNJackson said...

So cute. Love the kitty and dog cards. Adorable!

Barbara Thomassen said...

Darling, cute, adorable, lovely and many more adjectives describe these cards and stamps. Love them all.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 585   Newer› Newest»
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...